The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Two Quick Things: A Story and A Movie

Two big things to discuss about what is happening this week and today.

First, as you undoubtedly know there was a massive earthquake in Haiti and all sorts of bad things are happening there. Crossed Genres is asking people to help acquire donations by posting stories online for free with a donation button pointing to one of the many relief efforts for Haiti. They're calling it "Post A Story For Haiti." Later tonight I will be participating by posting a new humor/Steampunk/detective story for your enjoyment. Even if you don't like the story, I encourage you to donate (in fact, you don't even have to read the story if you don't want to; that's not why I'm posting it).

Second, I saw The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus last night and I have a few things to say before I post a full review:

See it. It is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen. The story, the magic, the visuals, and all else are simply stunning. This is what films are supposed to be. They should be enjoyable, beautiful, and should say something deeper in a way that allows the audience to choose between seeing or ignoring it. If you are having a hard time picking something to see in theaters, then see this one. Screw Avatar. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is a must see.

And that's all for now.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment