The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Things a $5 Bill Can Do (or, A Random Event in My Life That Violates Nature)

Nothing about the story I am about to relate has anything to do with genre fiction, unless you consider bizarre events related.  But it's a story I have to share anyway.

The history:
Last week, I returned from my trip to visit my girlfriend in England to find that the bus from the airport had stopped running minutes before my arrival.  This meant I had to get a cab.  The driver of said cab, however, forgot his credit card machine, and so we had to stop at a gas station so I could get cash from an ATM.  This left me with $15 in my pocket.
The event:
The morning after I got home, I went to collect my wallet and so on in order to buy milk and other essentials.  Upon removing the $10 and $5 bills from my trousers, the $5 decided it no longer wished to be in my possession and promptly disappeared.  I searched all over the place, figuring it landed in a pile of papers, or under my file cabinet.  In truth, it was not only in the last place I would have thought to look, but also the only place the darn thing shouldn't have been able to find its way into.
The end result:
While cleaning out my large luggage roller thing, I discovered the $5 bill.  Why is this so strange?  In order for it to end up where I found it, it would have had to fly three feet, wiggle its way into the closed-but-unzipped luggage roller thing, around the compacted clothes, and then into the middle of the pile. 
As far as I know, this violates physics or some other natural law.  It's impossible.  How could it get into the luggage roller thing when it was closed, even if it wasn't zipped?  And then how did it get underneath the clothes?  I have no idea...
So there you have it:  a random, weird event in my relatively uneventful life.

What weird thing has happened to you recently?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment