The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Halfway-Point Donation Push: I Will Embarrass Myself For You (Ha!)

If you haven't heard, I am selling my body to readers of this blog and my Twitter followers.  Let me explain:

When I began podcasting The World in the Satin Bag, I set up a donation tier, which offered those of you willing to donate $1 or $10 or whatever some perks and personal bits to keep you happy.  Those perks include copies of the ebook, paperbacks, silly handwritten letters from me, and other goodies that you should check out.

But I also offered to do something embarrassing and altogether unbecoming of my nature (at least to those that don't know me personally).  I said that if I met my funding goal for the month ($1,000 by July 1st; you can see the progress on my sidebar), I would do something on camera for everyone to watch...and you'd decide what I would do.  Thanks to some friends and acquaintances on Twitter, I have agreed to do these silly things:

The Truffle Shuffle (from The Goonies)
AND
Peanut Butter Jelly Time

I'm perfectly open to more suggestions, and will add them to the list as they are made aware to me.  But these are conditional.  I have to reach that goal, and I'm not there yet.

So, if you want to see me embarrass myself by doing two dances which will likely outlive my reputation as a science fiction and fantasy writer, you should do the following:

  1. Donate anything you can.  Look at the donation tier if you want even more perks beyond the privilege of laughing at me.
  2. Tell all your friends and get them to donate too.
  3. Share this on your blog, your Twitter, Facebook, or wherever.
  4. Check out the novel podcast.  It's on iTunes and on this blog (either in the Podcast section or under the WISB Podcast tag).
There are less than two weeks left to reach the goal.  I need about 68 people to donate $10 each to reach it (as of 6/16/2011), which doesn't sound like a whole lot, but is actually a lot more than you might think for a fairly small fellow like me.

And that's all I'll say on that.  Spread the word!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment