The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Hugo Nominations? They're Not the Only Ones

Everyone seems to be in plug mode for the Hugos, and so I'm going to join the game and let you all know a few of the things I've done in the last year that one can nominate for a Hugo:
  1. I am apparently eligible for Best Fan Writer for the work I have done on this blog.
  2. My short story, "To Paint the Kingdom Red" (Part One and Part Two), is eligible for the Best Short Story.
  3. The Skiffy and Fanty Show is eligible for Best Fanzine, since it is a podcast, and such things are now a-ok in the Hugos.  (The second season starts this Sunday, by the way.)
  4. Crimethink:  Politics and Speculative Fiction is eligible for the Best Related Work category.  My essay, "Political Allegory: Receptions and Their Implications in V and District 9," was published there alongside essays by Nisi Shawl, Jay Lake, Gary Westfahl, and others.  It's a damn fine collection that deserves a nomination.
If you'd like to nominate me (or anyone else, for that matter), you can do so here.

P.S.:  This is the first year I've ever been eligible for a Hugo, by the way, with the exception of the Best Fan Writer category, which I've been eligible for since 2007 (I feel like this year I might actually be deserving of it, though, since last year was a very intense year for WISB).  Overall, though, it feels good.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment