Unrepentant book thief John Charles Gilkey has stolen a fortune in rare books from around the country. Yet unlike most thieves who steal for profit, Gilkey steals for love--the love of books. Perhaps equally obsessive is Ken Sanders, the self-appointed "bibliodick" who's driven to catch him. Following this eccentric cat-and-mouse chase with a mixture of suspense, insight and humor, Allison Hoover Bartlett plunges the reader deep into a rich world of fanatical book lust and considers what it is that makes some people stop at nothing to posses the titles they love.Yes, the book is awesome, fascinating, and a bit of good fun. Details for how to win are below:
The giveaway is only open to U.S. readers (sorry, this isn't my rule) and will close on my birthday: October 6th, 2010.
To enter, you must do one of the following:
- Leave a comment on this thread telling me something about your most valuable book (personal or economic), OR
- Send me an email with the same thing.
Make sure I have a way to contact you to get your address.
You can earn additional entries by doing any of the following:
- Twitter about this giveaway. Put @shaunduke in the message so I can track it. (1 extra entry)
- Blog about this giveaway. Leave a link in your comment. (1 extra entry)
- Put this giveaway up on Digg, Stumbleupon, or some other social network. Leave links in your comment. (1 extra entry each).
- Review my blog on Amazon.com. Let me know that you did in your comment. (5 extra entries)
- Review The Skiffy and Fanty Show on iTunes. Let me know that you did in your comment. (5 extra entries)
That's it! Simply enough, right?