The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Haul of Books 2010: Stuff For Review v.3

It almost seems like I'm always buying stuff for myself, rather than receiving things for review.  Well, that's not true!  You know how I know?  Because the following book arrived in my mailbox from the far away and extremely exotic land of Australia.  It came in an envelope made of kangaroo fur, and when I opened it, the sweet sound of didgeridoo's playing "Down Under" by Men At Work wafted into my living room, followed by a floating can of Vegemite.

Okay, so none of that is actually true, except the part about it coming from Australia.  But it's still cool to get stuff from far away lands, no?

Here's the image (after the fold):

 Oh, and don't forget the cool stuff on the inside (plus a bookmark):
And now for the description (from Amazon):

The King's Bastard (King Rolen's King series) by Rowena Corey Daniels
The Kingdom of Rolencia sleeps as rumours of new Affinity Seeps, places where the untamed power wells up. By royal decree all those afflicted with Affinity must serve the Abbey or face death. Sent to the Ab bey, the King’s youngest son, Fyn, trains to become a warrior monk. Elsewhere others are tainted with Affinity and must fight to survive. Political intrigue and magic combine in this explosive first book in an exciting new fantasy trilogy.
It's on my reading list for sure!

What about you?  Did you get anything interesting recently?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment