Last year I set several goals for myself in the form of a resolution. How did I do? Well, let's see:
- Write 200,000 words -- 153,424. I didn't quite make it, obviously.
- Edit 200,000 words -- 124,461. Again, didn't make it.
- Submit 26 new short stories by Dec. 31 -- Well, I only have eighteen stories submitted right now, and a few of those were submitted during 2008. Still, it's not like I didn't try. I have at least six stories in the final edit phase and another twenty nearly done. So, I was close.
- Reach a total of 20 stories in the submission queue -- I think I actually hit this at one point. I have a couple stories that I have since put to the side because I don't feel comfortable with them being out there at the moment.
- Get published -- I actually came close. I received a rewrite request not too long ago and all I'm doing now is waiting for the specifics. So, technically if I rewrite the piece and it gets accepted, it will happen in 2010, but it was a process that began in 2009. I've also had a bunch of near misses this year. So close.
- Write 150,000 words
- Finish either 20 new short stories OR one of my science fiction novels-in-progress
- Read at least a book a week (not for school)
What about you? What are your writing/reading resolutions for 2010?