- Write 200,000 words. This will include non-fiction and fiction, but will exclude blog posts (if I added up just my blog posts for the year I imagine it would come to well over 200,000 words). This year, by the way, I came up short by about 15,000 words (the meter on the side is not, at the time of this post, accurate as I've been too busy to add up some of the words I've written since the last time it was updated).
- Edit 200,000 words. I hate editing. It's obvious if you look at my little list on the right sidebar. I've edited about 1/4th as much as I've written. I imagine if I edited more I'd get more work out the door. Which leads me to part three...
- Submit 26 new short stories by Dec. 31st. I only really became aggressive with my short stories about halfway through the year. Granted, I've been serious for a while, but I've only really started hammering down in a serious way in the last six months (give or take a month or two). I want to continue this trend even further by sending out 26 new stories throughout the year. Shouldn't be too hard, right?
- Reach a total of 20 short stories in the submission queue at one time. This will probably be an easy goal if I keep up with number three. Right? Someone tell me yes so I feel like it's doable...
- Get published (legitimately)! Doesn't matter if it's just once, or a dozen times. I just need to get one story published. This is the big goal!
The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website. If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
I've never really done the whole "New Years resolution" thing, but I thought it would be fun to do this year for reasons that escape me. So, I'm doing it. The following are what I am going to do by the end of 2009: