The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Writing Prompt #5: LGBTQ

In honor of the Outer Alliance, here is this month's writing prompt:
Write a story of any length that involves a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer character or theme, in a positive light. That means don't write an anti-LGBT story, though you certainly could write a story dealing with the trails of LGBT life or the conflicts between anti-LGBT and pro-LGBT individuals.
And there you have it. Straightforward and possibly a lot of fun to do. Have at it!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

4 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow Outer Alliance member and author of a soapy, mock fantasy epic. The 'old married couple' of the story is a gay General and his bisexual page with their love/hate relationship some 30 years on. Add to this royalty, mistresses, bastards, prostitution, politics, war, and the hint of the supernatural and you, surprisingly, get a story with less sex and violence than you might imagine.

    The Book of Ara is about dealing with the hand you've been dealt, even if it means cheating.

    I'm open to comments and would love to find collaborative writers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know, Wendy. This post is more to get people to write a story with LGBT issues. Hopefully some folks will get involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the exact excuse I needed to indulge myself in my favorite topic. I'm writing as fast as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jarla: Excellent! I look forward to what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete