The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Friday, January 16, 2009

The Haul of Books Volume Two

What could be more wonderful than more books? Okay, I can think of a few things, but generally speaking books are top notch. My friend was getting rid of a whole lot of her books, so I decided I could snatch them up. Here are a few of them:
First up are The Shiva Option by David Weber and Steve White, The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings, March to the Sea by David Weber and John Ringo, and March to the Stars by David Weber and John Ringo. This will eventually be my first exposure to Mr. Weber, which should be interesting.
And the next batch for this volume are as follows:
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami, The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac, Grendel by John Gardner, The Elephant Vanishesby Haruki Murakami, Food Court Druids, Cherohonkees, and Other Creatures Unique to the Republic by Robert Lanham, and The Wall of the Sky, the Wall of the Eye by Jonathan Lethem.
And there you go. Any interesting acquisitions for you?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:36 PM

    Truly, more books are always welcome. For Xmas this year I got myself a ton of them, still reading trough them.

    Dune by Frank Herbert - yes, I know I should have read this one before
    The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
    More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon
    Dark Benediction by Walter M Miller Jr.
    Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
    Horus Rising by Dan Abnet
    False Gods by Graham McNeil
    The Flight of the Eisentein by James Swallow
    Mechanicum by Graham McNeil

    I've already read the last four, they were the first ones I read as soon as the package from Amazon arrived. They are from the Horus Heresy series, based on the tabletop game of Warhammer 40K. Trust me, they're good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now that is a good list of books!

    I've considered reading the 40K novels, by the way. Never have, but they have cool covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:43 PM

    You'd love them. It helps if you're familiar with the background of the game, but even if you aren't, they're still great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a rudimentary understanding of the game world, so I think I could figure it out. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete