The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Blogging Collab Idea

It was brought to my attention that some of you out there were curious about my blogging collaboration idea. I've actually already started working on this idea with another blogger (Tycho Garen, in specific). Basically it would work something like this:
Two or three individuals (or more, I suppose; for the sake of this discussion, though, I will use ) would agree on a topic of discussion, such as a question or a controversial idea or whatever. Someone would agree to start and would thus write his or her response to whatever the topic happens to be. That response would be handed to another person, who would then, in theory,
post their response to the topic and then any rebuttals to the first person's response. Then they would go back and forth in debate style (friendly, of course, because nobody wants to have any of that angry debating crap) until either nothing else can be said or both parties agree that nothing else needs to be said.
Responses would be posted in pairs on alternating blogs. In the case of Tycho and I, the first response for our little dialogue is going to be up at on his blog (his response to the question, my response to the question, and a rebuttal). Then, we'll alternate. In the event that we have nothing else to say after two rounds, then things still alternate and we simply choose another topic.
There are plenty of other ways to do this, though. One suggestion was to have it where a topic was chosen and then one person would post on their blog, the next person would post a response on their blog with a link back to the initial response, and back and forth like that (a dialogue between blogs, if you will). I'm still interested in trying this version, which hopefully is clear from my description.
And you're free to suggest different ways to do this. So, if you have suggestions for different formats, then by all means suggest them!

So, what do you all think? Any other sf/f bloggers interested in producing cross-blog dialogues? It'd be interesting and would offer a unique way to cross-pollinate readers and do some nifty things withing the blogging world. Let me know what you think.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

  1. Hm... I'm not sure I'm visualizing this properly.
    By "response" do you mean a "comment"? If so, what happens when someone outside of the debating circle comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, as in blog posts, not comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 AM

    must. work. on. post. today.

    ReplyDelete