The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Seven Question Writing Meme

It's short, sweet, and to the point. Stolen from here.

1.) What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?
Still would like to write my zombie novel, but I don't know if that will ever happen. I also have a new dream of writing the great American novel, but with a specfic tinge to it. That probably won't happen.

2.) If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?

I have no idea. I have too many books. I'd probably read what's on my review list first, but I'll assume that this question eliminates that as an option, so I'd likely go with the Steampunk Anthology by Ann & Jeff Vandermeer, because I really want to read that (I own it by the way).

3.) What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?
Somehow I think it was a crayon. I can't rememer for sure, but I know I was drawing as a kid, and drawing is a form of writing. If you don't believe me, then go ahead and argue with the cavemen.

4.) What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?
Depends. Sometimes only two, sometimes six. Sometimes none. It all depends. If I am really having problems with a book it can take me a while.

5.) What's your favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?
I'd say my laptop only because the only typewriter I ever had had a malfunctioning "s" key, so I couldn't really write on it. Ever since I got my laptop, though, I've been writing more because I can take it wherever I go. That's a good thing, in my opinion, because I type faster than I write by hand. I always keep a little moleskine with me, though, in case of a good idea.

6.) Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read?
I like ancient European history. I'm talking way back when the bow was just being created and before all those annoying religious wars.

7.)What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?
From my youth? I remember reading Hardy Boys a lot. I used to gobble those up like candy. Two or three a day sometimes. I just loved those books. I don't read mysteries now, though, and maybe that's because it was something that I enjoyed more as a kid.

Anyone wanting to do this one can consider themselves tagged.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    I thought Stardust was top of your non-review list? *glare*

    And which period of history is that? And is it the longbow or the shortbow? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is now :P. I scheduled this post days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I understand the importance of Stardust (<3 and all), I suppose GRRM is second on your non-review list.

    And then that anthology.

    Gentle reminder!

    ReplyDelete