The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Charity Blogathon for BARCC

I just got an email from Matt Staggs regarding a blogathon that will be going on this weekend to help earn money for the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center. I'll just post the important information here:
I'm doing a blogathon this Saturday, July 26 - posting to my
LiveJournal every half hour for 24 hours to raise money for the Boston
Area Rape Crisis Center. This is my sixth year blogathonning, and I
write spontaneous short fiction every year. It usually tends to have
an urban fantasy bent (as in fantasy in a city, not paranormal
romance), but this year, I'm taking a distinctly SF angle on it. For
24 hours, I'll be in character as a xenoarchaeologist, trying to make
sense of precollapse Earth... with the help of over 50 artists who
donated "artifacts" to this project, including a few SF/F authors
themselves. All artifacts are being auctioned, with a story card.

It all goes down here: http://shadesong.livejournal.com
And the auctions are here: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZshadesong

And there's a lot more info on my LJ about why I do this, and why BARCC.
So keep and eye out. There are actually some really cool things up for auction. Maybe they'd make a nice gift for a friend or family member. And just think, bidding is for a good cause!

So check it out!

(Don't click the read more, there isn't any more after this!)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment