The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Monday, December 31, 2007

Totals For 2007 and New Years Resolutions (Sorta)

First things first, an explanation of the totals. I haven't been keeping track of the totals all year, so these are, more or less, only totals since October. I've written considerably more when you take into account that I finished WISB this year, among other projects. So the totals are:

Words Written: 26,855
Words Edited: 44,200
Submissions: 6
Rejections: 4 (2 pending)

Next year is going to be much better though. I have several short stories waiting to be edited, a lot of stuff still being written, etc.

Now for my New Years Resolutions. Well, these aren't really resolutions, but more like "things I want to do for '08":
  • Start The Spellweaver of Dern (book two of the Satin Bag series) and finish it by October (130,000 words).
  • Start Wellmere (working title) with my girlfriend and get about halfway by this time '08 (100,000 words).
  • Finish Marx Ignatia (25,000 words).
  • Submit Death By Poking, Asher, Marx Ignatia, and any others sitting in limbo.
  • Get published (with anything really, but preferably with a short story).
  • Finish The Lies of Venicia by summer (95,000 words).
  • Step up my writing ten-fold. That means write more, submit more, and finish more novels.
  • Read a lot of review books (this is sort of a given).
  • Read more young adult fantasy/sf (yes, I actually would love to read more stuff in this genre, but I've not received much yet and I don't really know where to go to request review copies for this stuff--maybe someone could throw my name out?).
  • Get good grades (also sort of a given).
  • Figure out where I want to go for graduate school (yes, I actually have to think about this even though I just got here because my adviser told me I could technically graduate in fall of '08).
  • Fly to England to visit my girlfriend.
  • Sell a bunch of stuff I don't need anymore (pay attention to my ebay because I'm going to put up a bunch of books, dvds, cds, etc. in the next few weeks).
  • Start and podcast. I actually really want to do this and Lindsey, my girlfriend, thought it sounded fun. We might do it. I'm hoping so. We have to talk about it more though.
I think that's it...I might edit that list at some point later. 2008 is looking to be a 'writerly' year for me. I'm trying to step things up considerably. I'm getting close to graduating and I have a lot to think about...

Happy New Year by the way!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Oh no! I have a name! :p

    Somewhere I have a list with how much you wrote in the TW Novel Challenge, so I'll find it and you can add that to your total. You've done waaaaaaaaaaay more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if we want to get specific I can, I just wasn't keeping track. If I look back to when I first started working on WISB in 2007 then I can see how many words I actually wrote (97,915 from WISB alone). I'll keep better track next year since I'll be watching from January all the way to the end.

    ReplyDelete