The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Monday, November 05, 2007

World Fantasy Award Winners!

Well, everyone else is talking about it, so I might as well tell all my readers who the winners were at the World Fantasy Awards this year.

Lifetime Achievement
Diane Wynne Jones and Betty Ballantine
Novel
Soldier of Sidon, Gene Wolfe (Tor)
Novella
"Botch Town", Jeffrey Ford (The Empire of Ice Cream, Golden Gryphon)
Short Fiction
"Journey Into the Kingdom", M. Rickert (F&SF 5/06)
Anthology
Salon Fantastique, Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling, eds. (Thunder's Mouth)
Collection
Map of Dreams, M. Rickert (Golden Gryphon)
Artist
Shaun Tan
Special Award: Professional
Ellen Asher (For work at SFBC)
Special Award: Non-professional
Gary K. Wolfe (for reviews and criticism in Locus and elsewhere)

So there you have it! Congrats to all the winners. Looks like I'm missing out on a lot of great literature here.

(Don't click the read more, there isn't any more after this)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

4 comments:

  1. How do you qualify for these awards?

    And..how do you subscribe to blogs? I forgot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not 100% certain actually how the awards are done. I've never been a part of them. I know the Hugo's have a lot of community involvement since anyone can put in a vote.

    As for subscribing. The easiest way is to use Google Reader: http://reader.google.com/
    You should have a Reader anyway since you are on Blogger. If you don't have a reader, activate one and then come to my site and on the left hand side towards the top is a orange colored square icon. Click that and it will take you to the feed page. You'll see on the right top there are all these buttons there. They are for all the different feed readers. Find Google or if you are using a different feed reader look for that. Click it and follow the instructions. I prefer Google Reader since it is easy to add stuff. It shouldn't take you more than 3 clicks actually. Just click the button, click Add To Google, and then Add To Reader and it should just do it and you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Woo! Diana Wynne Jones thoroughly deserves that award. She's a genius.

    Wwhich reminds me: she should be in the canon somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well then you should PROBABLY go over to the SFF Canon Project blog and put a comment there suggesting some of her works so I can put them on the list of stuff to discuss :P

    ReplyDelete