The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Critique Group! In Motion!

This is a short email to let everyone know that I have paid for the premium service on CC and as soon as they update my account I will be starting up the critique group.

Now for further discussion and some questions that need answering from those that were interested.

What is a reasonable frequency of new material to there? (my thoughts are at least once a month, not more than once a week)

What should we call it? (the queue needs a name, so figure I would ask. I'm impartial.)

Should we put some sort of limit on people? (I mean, if they don't do anything for 6 months and are perfectly healthy should we not allow them to be a part? I want this to be a serious writers group with the intention of getting things to a good publishable level. I want people to get published from this. So, people who aren't wanting to take part might not be useful to the group anyway).

Anything else that might be of concern to anyone?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

  1. Okay Dr. Duke :) I loved the meme's & it seems you had a good time with it. Awesome goals to have and I look forward to seeing them come true for ya.

    I am working on my freedom with expenses also & it appears I may be closer towards that with some good job opportunities in the Twin Cities area. We're moving soon & life has been totally crazy, but all good.

    I am glad I was able to get caught up on your posts & chapters.

    Best of luck with the critque group. If I was an actually writer instead of working in IT, I would join up. However, I prommise to spare ya :)

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Oh, yay! This is going to be super!

    The frequency of new material: it really depends on how many people join. The more members, the more crits we'll have to give, which probably means less frequency. CC has that whole tit-for-tat system, which I think would be a good system to follow. Where is a member starts owing other members critiques, it means you should hold back on submitting stuff and start critiquing more.

    A name? Preferably something fantasy-related. It's really your decision; you're paying the money, so I think you should decide. I don't really mind what it's called.

    Limit: six people sounds good.

    I'm looking forward to to reading and critting your stuff!

    ReplyDelete