The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Award Recommendations: Things I'm Eyeing for the Awards Season (Suggestions Welcome)

A.C. Wise and Sarah Pinsker suggested I put together a list of recommendations for the awards season (Nebula nominations are coming up or something).  So, that's what I'm going to do.  For now, I'm only going to discuss six categories, as I don't read often enough in the others to have a say yet (YET).  Recommendations for any category, listed or otherwise, are more than welcome.

Note:  I've included links to interviews or discussions at The Skiffy and Fanty Show about some of the items (which may explain why I'm voting for many of these).

Here goes:

Novels:
Graphic Novels:
Movies (narrowing this list is going to be difficult):
Fancast:
Fanzine:
So, what am I missing?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

11 comments:

  1. Is Gemsigns eligible, I wonder? Wasn't it out in England in 2013?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good question. I don't know. Probably a good idea to figure that out before Hugo season.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:44 PM

    But it was released in the states this year wasnt it? I went on and on about that book to Shaun so many times, so its great to see it on this list. Its great to see Paul on the list too, I think he more than deserves it, he is one of the staples of the SFF community and it is always a pleasure to hear his thoughts and opinions on various topics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct, and per the rules, I think that makes it eligible for the Hugos (no idea about other awards).

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Binary came out this year over here so that would be eligible also, wouldnt it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe? It might be best to nominate Gemsigns, though. The readership will be more familiar with it in the U.S.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:46 AM

    I agree completely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Shaun!

    The Book Smugglers are moving on up in the world, on their way to conquering fandom, and I believe they're going to be eligible for Best Semiprozine in 2014, rather than Fanzine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)

      And I completely forgot about the Semiprozine category! Will have to add that in later :)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Thanks for thinking of us, but Clarkesworld isn't eligible in the semiprozine category anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just had to go and complicate things...

      Delete