The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weekly Roundup #5: Publication! / The Skiffy and Fanty Show / Duke and Zink Do America

It's time for another roundup of things I've got going on elsewhere!

First up:  
Publication!
I learned last night that my story, "In the Shadows of the Empire of Coal," has been accepted into Bruce Bethke's Stupefying Stories.  I don't know which issue it will appear in yet, but as soon as I do, all you blog readers will know.

The story in question is not-quoite-Steampunk.  I like to think of it as Coalpunk, although I suppose that technically means Steampunk anyway.  But it lacks all the glamour of Steampunk, with a heavy dose of utter weirdness (I like to say it reads like the darker side of Miyazaki, though that's rather ambitious of me).

The contract is on its way.  When I get more information, I'll post about it on my blog!

Second:

The latest episode of SandF is up.  Due to some scheduling conflicts, we had to put together a quick discussion episode on the recent Amazon/Publisher battle and the "problem" of Faith in SF/F.  We plow through the topics fairly quickly, but we hope it will produce an interesting conversation.

In any case, you can find the episode here.

Third:
We've changed DZDA to a weekly format.  The episodes will be shorter as a result.  We talk about the change in our 3rd episode.  Also on the agenda:  "Rush thinks you’re a slut and other GOP anti-women shenanigans, it’s time to bring our soldiers home, proof that white men should not have guns, plus a bunch of other random stuff we feel like talking about."

Give it a listen!  More to come from DZDA soon...

-------------------------------------------------------

And that's that.  What have you been up to lately?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment