The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Unlike a lot of my fellow Americans, I won't pretend that this holiday celebrates anything other than being with family and eating an insane amount of food (which could probably feed a small, poor country for a year).  I won't pretend that this holiday is about how great the Pilgrims were to the Native Americans, because that would be historical revisionism at work (and I'm a stickler for getting my history "right," as far as right can be).

Instead, this post is about celebrating what the holiday really means to me:

  • Being with friends or family and enjoying a meal together, without all the hubbub of daily life
  • Saying thanks for the things I have, whether material or personal
And that means I need to say some "thanks" to all of you.

Thank you all for reading this blog, leaving comments, and otherwise making this whole blogging thing an enjoyable experience!

May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, even if you don't live in the U.S.  In fact, I'm of the opinion that Thanksgiving should be universal.  Tonight, when you have dinner with your loved ones, take a moment to think about how wonderful it is to have them there with you.  And then say thanks.

Have a great day!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment