The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Science Fiction Dreams: What do you dream?

I usually don't remember my dreams.  But when I do, they are weird.  Take, for example, one of my more recent dreams:

For some strange reason, I and a bunch of friends -- whose faces I can't remember -- were transported by an unknown party to a semi-real replica of Earth somewhere in the vicinity of Cassiopeia.  I say semi-real replica because parts of the world that I was able to explore looked exactly like the hill my grandma lives on.  In any case, somehow we were sent to this planet, in which strange, tattooed humanoid people -- who refused to speak to humans -- drove around in camper trucks and Winnebagos.  And then there was the crazy lady in the tiny white Nissan truck.  I managed to flag her down and ask her for help and she explained to me that we should all watch out for the Green Nothings, the apparent villains of the dream.  And then she got on a motorcycle, drove off a cliff, and landed on top of a Winnebago half-submerged in the ocean, where a boat full of Pops and Fruitloops (among other brands of cereal) floated.

Is that not a weird dream?  I also dream about zombies.  Specifically, the zombie apocalypse, in which I, for some odd reason, become a bit of a hero due to my mad skills in zombie killing.

In any case, dreams are a wonderful way to come up with ideas for stories -- or at least to explore your subconscious brain, where crazy happens to live.  But the one thing I've always had trouble with is trying to understand why my dreams happen.  That is:  what sparks these little details?  Why did I dream about Green Nothings and biker chicks and Winnebagos?  I haven't thought about a Winnebago in years, as far as I can remember.  And I don't want one either.  And why Cassiopeia and a semi-real replica of Earth?  What crazy thing is behind all of this?

I don't know, and I'm sure you don't know either, but it makes one wonder...

So here's the deal:  I want to know what kind of crazy dreams you have had.  Leave a comment.  And if you know what my dream is about, leave a comment about that too!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment