The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Poll Results (Plus Another Question): Which age of science fiction is your favorite?

The results are in.  Here's how you all voted:

  • 10% said "the Pulps"
  • 30% said "the Golden Age"
  • 0% said "the New Wave"
  • 20% said "Cyberpunk"
  • 40% said "Contemporary"
I'm rather shocked by these results.  The science fiction community presents itself as having some kind of love affair with the New Wave, yet nobody voted for it in my poll.  Does that say something about the kinds of readers I have?  I don't know.  Maybe.  I suppose that really depends on what we include in the last category, which had the most votes.  If contemporary SF includes work that takes its influences straight from the New Wave (and that's what 40% of you were thinking at the time), then it all makes sense.  I know that's how I was thinking of the term.

Now I have another question, which I can't put in poll format:  which book in your favorite "age" is your favorite and why?  Let me know in the comments!

A new poll will be up later today.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment