The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Good PhD News and the Lingering Eaton Bits

First, the good news:

I just found out that I got into the PhD program at the University of Florida.  Obviously I intend to stay and finish that whole schooling thing.  I expect to continue studying and writing about science fiction at the scholarly level, though my PhD dissertation seems to be opening up more broadly to what I am calling imaginative and antihistorical literature.  If anyone wants me to explain what those things are, feel free to leave a comment.

Second, a note about my Eaton Conference stuff:

I will be throwing up a few posts about my experiences at the conference this week at some point.  Some of that has already appeared in the most recent episodes of the Skiffy and Fanty Show (here and here), but I do want to provide a list of potential reading materials and what not, which I have done with previous conference-related editions.  The reason I'm not adding such things right now is because I left all of my notes in my checked-in luggage for the trip home.

So that's that.  Expect more from me soon!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

  1. Great News! Congrats! Now I just hope I can get into the Master's Program at UCF so I can also get on the same track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I'm going to have to call them and make sure they don't let you in. I can't have you acting as competition in both blog and school arenas, sir! :P

    ReplyDelete