The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Some Writerly Things of Interest

I've been getting a lot of emails about various writing projects and I thought it would be a good idea to let you all know about a few of them.  So here goes:
  • Imperfecta
    An interactive fiction project by N. A. Vreugdenhil in which you, the readers, select who dies in each upcoming episode.  It's an idea that has been tried before in different forms, but I think the added bonus of having direct influence over who dies could be fun.  It's almost like a reality T.V. show, only you can actually kill the people you don't like.  Check it out if you're interesting.
  • Top 50+ Novels for Tech Geeks
    This site has an interesting list of books for tech geeks.  I assume a tech geek is someone who goes gaga over devices (like iPhones or computers), and the list itself does seem to reflect that sort of lifestyle, although there are a lot of books that are biology-based on the list.  Still, it's interesting.
  • Five Must Read Science Fiction Books That Aren't Classics (Yet)
    This is actually a guest post of mine.  I forgot to mention it to you all on this blog, but you should check it out.  I've talked about many of the books on the list before, but they're good books and you should check them out.
  • Ecolibris Green Books Campaign
    I heard about this some time ago.  The idea is that on Nov. 10th, 2010, over 100 bloggers are going to post their reviews of books printed on recycled materials.  That's pretty cool, don't you think?  If you're into the whole green thing, you should check the project out.
  • 20 Essential Works of Cyberpunk Literature
    This is definitely one of the best lists of essential cyberpunk books/stories I have seen in the blogosphere.  It's somewhat multicultural and includes a number of texts that nobody ever includes, even though they are practically inseparable from the development of cyberpunk as a subgenre (like Bethke's "Cyberpunk").  A good list from a very strange source...
And there you go.  I have no doubt that there are plenty of other things going on, but I can't keep up with all of it!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

  1. That is a good list of Cyberpunk. Though I'd have added "The Cat Who Walked Through Walls". But that fact that they included the Walter Jon Williams stuff - that's pretty well rounded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few titles on there that aren't really cyberpunk, but overall, I agree :)

    ReplyDelete