The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In Glowing Support of NPR (National Public Radio)

CREDO is running a petition to be sent to the White House asking for seat recently vacated by Helen Thomas in the White House press briefing room (where you see Gibbs answering questions and what not) to be given over to NPR (National Public Radio). Other organizations vying for a spot include Bloomberg News and FOX News. I signed the petition for obvious reasons, but I did add the following statement:
It should be noted that while the content of this petition denounces FOX, I personally would also denounce organizations like MSNBC, which use similar tactics as FOX News (or have, in my memory), and who I don't consider anymore legitimate. NPR is, in my opinion, one of the last news entities that actually cares about giving us the news, rather than loading us up with opinions in either overt form or masked as news.

What we need is to support those news entities that are interested in giving us information and not interested in pushing a political agenda. News should be fair. It should be balanced. It should be filled with journalists who actually research and care about finding out the truth, no matter how grim or difficult it may be. Giving NPR this seat will be a step in the right direction.
Clearly I like NPR...

If you want to see NPR covering the White House press briefings, sign the petition. If not, then you're a jerk, because NPR is awesome.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment