The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Video Found: The Anachronism (Steampunk Short Movie)

I love independent film, especially on the Internet. While Hollywood spends its time doing remakes and crappy special-effects monstrosities like Avatar, other folks with very little in terms of cash go out and make amazing short films like The Anachronism.

The basic story of the video below is: two kids discover a strange squid-shaped contraption while exploring the wilderness in the 19th century (it's filmed in Canada, but I don't know if it's set there). You might recognize the young boy as the same fellow who played the 5-year-old version of the main character in Jumper.

My only complaint about this movie is that it is a little too short. It should be a feature-length film. See it for yourself and you'll understand why. Great direction, pretty good acting, beautiful cinematography, and decent effects. Whoever made the movie should be handed a larger budget and given the opportunity to do something bigger and even more amazing.

I'll shut up now. The video appears below the fold:

The Anachronism (Full Film) from Anachronism Pictures on Vimeo.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

  1. Ok....so that was quite a bit weird....just hearing the word meat repeated over and over again made me fear it more than ever....

    and the serious guy is the guy from Cash Cab!

    thanks for posting. can you recommend any other short films like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're talking about a different video, Iva. You're thinking "They're Made of Meat," which was on another post I made.

    As for more short films like that, I'd say just follow this blog. They crop up every once in a while and I post them for the enjoyment of my readers :)

    ReplyDelete