The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Webstore Review: Deep Discount

I recently decided to purchase a DVD from a different company than Amazon in an attempt to save money. When it comes to stuff I want, but don't actually need, saving a little bit of money makes the purchase a little more sensible for me. So, I headed over to Google and discovered Deep Discount. Upon entry, I discovered that it would cost me roughly $6 more to purchase Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on DVD from Amazon than it would cost me to get the same thing from Deep Discount--we'll get to the why in a minute. After a little research on the Better Business Bureau and Google, I decided to give Deep Discount a shot. All I would lose if things went south was a little bit of money (about $7.50).

Now, the best thing about Deep Discount is that its prices are, generally speaking, cheap, and include shipping into the cost. They carry many of the same items as Amazon (no used items that I can see, though) and generally have either equal or lower prices than the online retail giant (unless there is a sale). They carry DVDs, CDs, books, and a number of other items, much like Amazon, and the navigation is easy to follow and clean.

They also take great care of their items when shipping them. My DVD came in a protective plastic object that, while weird looking and certainly unexpected (I thought I was getting medical waste rather than fun stuff), did prevent the DVD from being banged up and jostled around. I've had a few DVDs get popped out of the little holder thing through Amazon. As a customer, I was quite happy.

I was going to say that there were a few problems with Deep Discount (possibly slow shipping, which have been complaints lodged against it online), but looking back, I don't think I had many problems at all. There was a weird moment where I was sent to some sort of poll or sponsor thing, but even that proved to be meaningless in the long run. So, while the shipping wasn't quite as fast as Amazon (in my experience), though not unreasonable (about 11 days), my experience overall was satisfactory. That's good in my book.

I'd recommend giving Deep Discount a shot if you're interested in saving a few bucks.

P.S.: Out of curiosity, has anyone reading this ever used Deep Discount before? What was your experience with them like?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment