The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Monday, February 01, 2010

Quick Note: Catnip Pete and Survival By Storytelling Open to Submissions

I have a big announcement at the end of this post. Stick around!

First, to "Catnip Pete and the Suricata Symbol":

I am working on the final piece to the story. My apologies it has taken so long, but I have been inundated with an inordinate amount of work, both in the actual sense, and for my education. Being a graduate student who teaches means I don't have nearly as much free time as I would like for writing, and this is a particularly difficult story because of how the pieces need to come together so the ending makes sense. If you have no idea what I'm talking about--either because you're new or you simply missed it--you can learn a bit more about this here and here. It's a story I'm working on, the first parts of which I put up to help raise funds for Haiti (the third part will be for that project as well. I hope to have part three finished and posted by this weekend, but I am working on a paper that I am presenting next week, so we'll see.

Now the big announcement! Survival By Storytelling is open for submissions! The magazine is officially theme-based and our current theme is Steampunk!

You can learn more about our theme here and our guidelines are here. We'll take submissions until we fill the issue!

So, if you have something steampunk-ish, whether it is on the adventurous/pulpy end or the literary end, or even a poem or article, consider submitting it to SBS!

The first issue of Survival By Storytelling Magazine is still available for purchase if you haven't already added it to your collection. You can learn more about that here.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment