- Yodle Local talks about some science fiction staples that are becoming real life. The invisibility cloak is particularly awesome.
- Warren Ellis rips on Asimov's three laws of robotics. Pretty funny!
- Orion's Arm lists some exceptionally useful worldbuilding links. You should definitely check them out if you're interested in that sort of thing.
- KSU has an interesting chart and brief explanation of the various schools of literary criticism. Even if you're not into that sort of thing, you might want to check it out anyway. Interesting stuff.
- Have Mac Will Blog lists ten words you probably don't know. I don't know any of them, that's for sure. Really obscure and bizarre!
- PopCrunch lists the ten most disturbing books of all time. I haven't read most of these, but some of the ones I have I don't agree with. Still, it's an interesting list of equally interesting books.
- Beer and SciFi lists ten science fiction movies for the thinking man. I now have a few more must-see movies on my list.
- Brown University puts together a host of articles about cyberpunk that might be worth checking out.
- Simon Haynes talks about plotting. Really in-depth, by the way. If you write novels, you might want to read that post.
- SciFi Watch lists five terms that science fiction coined. All good stuff.
- SciFi Wire lists seven unfilmable science fiction books. That's not to say that Hollywood won't try...
The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website. If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
I have way too many interesting links for you all, but it's been a rather active month (May and June combined). So here goes: