The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

New Beginnings

I'm going to be on staff for two UCSC magazines this year, which is fantastic. I could really use the experience and this will look fantastic on my resume. I still have concerns about getting the right kind of job in the future (after graduation), but I think the more I push myself, the better my chances are of starting a wonderful career. My LinkedIn resume is getting longer and longer.

Additionally, while I was waiting for our first meeting for Matchbox (one of the magazines I'm working on), I started looking through my little Moleskine at all the story ideas I'd written down in there. I think I initially intended to come up with new ideas, but in the end I got stuck on something I had written in there some time back. It was only a single sentence attached to something cryptic that came from a book I was reading, but didn't have with me. It wasn't even a completed sentence; just a fragment. I stared at it for a while and then I started writing.

Now I have a new story called "Door," which is bizarre in number of ways (particularly because it opens with the image of a living creature that the main character was born with attached to his face). Unfortunately the writing got cut short, but when I got home I transferred everything I'd written in my Moleskine to the computer and added more to it. I have no idea where the story is going, but I really like it. I think it's more of a character-focuses story than some of the more plot-driven stories I've written. This is probably a good thing, though. I don't know.
In any case, that's what's up with me. How's the writing coming for everyone else?

(Don't click the read more, there isn't any more after this!)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment