The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Systematically Organizing

So my girlfriend and I have been organizing my writing according to "promise" and level of completion, which is a rather strange way of organizing one's work. We're trying to figure out which works are worth continuing while also figuring out which works need only editing, which works are good and need finishing, and which need rewrites or are simply too "unfinished" to really say whether they suck or not. So far it's looking good. Quite a few short stories prove to have some value, which makes me feel happy considering some of these stories are from years ago when I wasn't all that serious yet--I was sort of serious, but I admit that a lot of my writing at that point was going in all directions, so I have become a bit more focused today.
So far it's proving interesting, but we're just in the beginning of the process. I'm hoping this shift in my writing will really help in the long run. I would like to have a novel at least written by December of this year (not including The Spellweaver of Dern).

So, that's that, just so you all know what's going on with the writing and what not, in case any of you care.

Anywho!

(Don't click the read more, there isn't any more after this!)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment