The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm Getting Irritated

It's not that I have a problem with music being a little loud. It's not that the music is bad. The problem is that they are playing it at 10 PM. They're not having a party. They're not having a get-together or anything of that sort. But I can hear the bloody words from the music through their door and then through mine. That should give you an idea of how loud they are playing their music.
The question isn't why I'm not saying something, but why should I have to? Look, let's be realistic here. Nobody should be playing music that loud at any point after dark. Period. It's a respect issue. I shouldn't have to ask for them to turn it down. I live in the same damn house.
The only reason I bring this up is because I was finally in a writing groove. I was WRITING. I was feeling great, because I could get some things out of my head. And just when I was in the middle of it, just as the words were really flowing and my character was blossoming and the story itself was taking an awesome turn (some action and stuff) their bloody music came on and broke me. This is why I don't listen to music with words. It breaks my concentration. And now my concentration is broken and I don't know if I can get back into the story now. I've been desperate to write for months, not being able to get much on the page because my head is so engrossed in the school work. So when I do get to write and things do flow it's especially important.

So I'm a bit irritated right now. I think they're drunk because they're cheering when a song ends...Anyone wanting to give me 300 bucks a month so I can get my own place is more than welcome to make an offer, by the way...

Now I'm going to work up the courage to say something if the music gets too loud again...
(Don't click the read more, there isn't any more after this!)

P.S.: I need to write again...grr!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes people don't really realise that they're doing things that interfere with other people. If you really don't want to talk to them, you could always complain to the landlord or get earplugs.

    ReplyDelete