The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Publishing the Youngins?

Does anyone know what the legalities are of publishing minors (i.e. people under the age of 18)? I ask this because there is a possibility I might be working with several people who are not yet adults on a publishing basis and I am not 100% sure what sort of things I need to be aware of. The only thing that I am certain I need to do is have their parents co-sign on the publication contract.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Do you know someone that might be able to answer this question?

(Don't click the read more, there isn't any more after this!)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:58 PM

    See, this is why we need the likes of Miss Snark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I was drawing up any sort of contract I would personally want to involve a lawyer or someone who really knew the ins and outs of that type of contract.

    Mature minors (ie, people who live independently of their guardians or can prove their independence in other ways) can sign legal agreements and give consent for various medical treatments here in Canada, but they must be able to be proven capable in the eyes of the law.

    In the US? Pfft. It's probably different in every state anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'm going to have to ask around a bit. The contract wouldn't be anything really complicated. Very basic basically saying that the person is giving to me their first NA publication rights to publish something. But I will look into this a lot more and see if I can find someone who can answer.

    ReplyDelete