The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heather Ledger Passed On Today

This has nothing to do with specfic, but it still is an impacting moment for me. I was a fan of Ledger ever since 10 Things I Hate About You. Brokeback Mountain and Four Feathers were both excellent films and he damn well deserved every bit of credit. He actually made me want to see that new Batman movie even though I'm not really a fan of Christian Bale and I'm one of those guys that gets pissed off when anyone other than Michael Keaton plays the dark knight.

Needless to say, Mr. Ledger will be sorely missed by me, by his family, and by all those that loved his work. It's sad that he had to go so young. His life was not yet lived and he had so many more great roles to play. This is a dampener on a relatively uneventful day.

Goodbye Mr. Ledger...

(You can read the article about it here)

(Don't click the read more, there isn't any more after this!)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it really sucks that he died. I liked him in 10 Things I Hate about You, too. And he looks like a damn good Joker in the new batman movie. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total coincidence upon reading - I came home from work and heard the news as the hubby is always tuned into Fox News. I was glued to the TV and thinking the same thing about Heath Ledger.

    I first saw him in "The Patriot" and enjoyed his acting in "A Knight's Tale". Since then, I kept following his movies.

    He will be missed as he had so much talent.

    It all made me think back to other sad moments in history - Elvis, River Phoenix, etc.

    ReplyDelete