The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Friday, December 07, 2007

The Voices of SFWA Prevail

I got this from Tobias Buckell and John Scalzi.

Andrew Burt has stepped down as the chair of their e-piracy, copyright, whatever committee! Apparently he decided either that everyone was right or that all that anger at his reappointment would hurt his chances of doing anything successful. I commend him for doing this. I think he should not have stepped up to the plate in the first place, but so be it. This is for the best. While Burt might have meant well this time around, many of the people complaining about him are right: his previous record will taint anything he does.
Thank Mr. Burt for stepping down. In his place we now have Russell Davis. I have no idea if he will do a good job or if he will screw up like Burt, but at least this is a chance for change. I agree with a lot of what he said in his lengthy post, so I hope for the best here.

That's good news!

More good news? I finish 2 of my 4 essays!

(Don't click the read more, there isn't any more after this!)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment