The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Updates, Changes, and New Writing Projects

So I am officially moved in to my new place for the next couple years. Well, at least for the next year. There is a good possibility I will be spending some considerable time in New Zealand next year, but we'll see.

Things are still a bit hectic. Some things are not yet unpacked, and things are a little misplaced and misshapen. I'm in a smaller room than I was before. You can see somewhat how things are progressing in some of the images at the end of this post. It's not perfect, but it will certainly do, and at least I have DSL, a roof, TV, my beautiful animals, and my schooling to look forward to!
So given that, it's been a rather stressful couple of weeks.

Now for an update on, well, stuff. I'm reading Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret for SQT's blog. It's a wonderful book and if anyone hasn't read the first you should. I also got a laptop, which I'll get a picture of eventually. I need it of course, because I'll be on campus quite a lot during the week.

Now, for the darker news. My blog has been getting a few comments from people from TeenageWriters, a website I was a part of. Well, I am no longer a part of the website due to issues that I don't think need to be repeated in full detail, but I will give the gist of why this happened. I was the debate mod at TW. Recent happenings were causing the upper mods to begin breaking apart and I got dragged into the fray. Certain members proved to be incapable of trying to find a compromise, some members were trying to understand what was going on, and others were trying to explain it. Ultimately what happened was that all the upper mods were split right down the middle because of immaturity and selfishness. Everyone was bickering, everyone was arguing, and when someone tried to bring the argument to a close and resume finding solutions, the same people would continue bickering. So, nothing got done. Then a few members came back who had left before, some things were said behind my back, and I realized pretty quick with the beginning of 'mod elections' that things were going from bad to extremely horrible at TW. So, I made the decision to leave so as not to have to deal with the worsening condition of the site and the idiocy of holding 'mod elections', which proved actually to bring things even further down. I have left, several other members have left, and people who were very important to the site are now considering leaving permanently. So, that's that. The Anthology for the website is basically dead. I've pulled all my material off the blog and intend to place it elsewhere, and it's just a very bad experience. There will be more about this later, but for now, that's that.

Now for some changes. I have a new email. If you click the "Contact Me" link on the left there it will have you send to the new email. For now it is a yahoo.com account. That may change again, but because my sbcglobal.net account will be going away I have to switch up. I have to start forwarding about 300 emails too.

I also recently had a short story reviewed by Zen Pen and at some point soon I'll have to put a summary of what was said. The short version is that it was good stuff, but with some things that really got me thinking.

Now for my writing. I've got a few projects in the works now.
  1. I'm still working on my short stories. I am hoping to get several stories in final working order so I can start sending them out to magazines. I think I'll end up with about 4 or 5 good stories all going out at once.
  2. The Spellweaver of Dern is still in the plotting stage. I'm a bit stuck on it, but at some point I'll have to sit down and work out the entire plotline.
  3. I've taken an old unfinished story and have started turning it into a novel. It's a cross genre piece taking a lot of elements from both science fiction and horror, and there are little bits of fantasy in there, in some ways. I'm not sure how it will work but I have two storylines working right now and I am really enjoying writing it
That pretty much completes that. Now for pictures! All the ones of the bay and nature and what not are actually from the UC Santa Cruz campus. Hope you enjoy them. All the pictures of a room are ones of my new room. Those are the early unpacking photos. Things are a bit different now of course. Enjoy!










Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

  1. Hey, i'm sorry the whole TW thng didn't work out, it sounded quite promising. Maybe in the future it'll start back up or something, hopefully with more concrete positions.

    I'd be interested to here what magazines you send your stuf to (or even get in!), even if purely to hear of magazines i will never see! (not in america lol)

    I hope you can unblock spellweaver, though some of those photos are remarkably good...so maybe a career down that path eh?

    I'll be sure to note down your email, thanks for that.

    Your room looks nice actually, though i am a fan f 'cozy' living!

    I hope you can get everything sorted out, and all goes well with those magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 AM

    Awww, your room's quite a lot smaller than the last one. And no books!!!!!!! :O Need any tips on how to cram stuff into as small a space as possible, just ask me. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are books in my room, just not in those pictures. There are three book cases on the right hand wall stuffed with books.

    ReplyDelete