The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Writing Factoid #3

Nobody asked me a question this time, though I wish people would since I know someone is reading this blog, but I figure I could put something entirely random here that won't have any influence on the story.

How To Count in the Ancient Language of Traea
This is very similar to how Spanish is put together. So you have the first 10 numbers here.
Na - One
Twa - Two
Tre - Three
Firth - Four
Fith - Five
Fesh - Six
Esen - Seven
Ect - Eight
Noc - Nine
Nas - Ten

Now, after Nas, it goes Nas'na, Nas'twa, Nas'tre, Nas'fir, Nas'fi, Nas'fe, Nas'en, Nas'ec, Nas'oc, and then Twas (for Twenty). It repeats the same after the ' for each ten. From then it goes to Tres (Thirty), Firs (Forty), Fis (Fifty), Fes (Sixty), Ese (like 'essay' for Seventy), Ectes (Eighty), Nos (Ninety), and finally Nan (One Hundred).
From One Hundred on it is a different story, but now you can all count in the ancient language. Congrats. For those that actually look at the map you might notice some new things now.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment