The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Friday, March 16, 2007

A Writer Meme and Some Other Stuff

I thought it would be interesting to:
a) Continue a meme I found on another blog
b) Put some updates of stuff on here since I am not quite done with Shadowfall by James Clemens to be able to review it.

The first meme was one I found at Kristine Smith's blog here:
"Turn to page 123 in your work-in-progress. (If you haven’t gotten to page 123 yet, then turn to page 23. If you haven’t gotten there yet, then get busy and write page 23.) Count down four sentences and then instead of just the fifth sentence, give us the whole paragraph (that it comes from)."

Obviously I'm going to take the sentences from WISB. So here they are:

He agreed. He had never been to a slaughterhouse as there wasn’t one in Woodton, and he had never actually left the valley where his home sat. Somehow he knew he didn’t want to go. Something about knowing how an animal was killed and prepared so he could eat made him think he might lose interest in meat altogether. He saw that as a loss, for he truly enjoyed the flavor of meat.

Technically they come from Chapter Nine on page four, but I decided to count my pages as published pages, rather than regular typed pages. Sort of like double spaced basically. So really those lines fall right on page 123.Next, just wanted to let everyone know that all that stuff I was selling on Amazon, well I've updated it with a lot of other stuff from fiction novels to non-fiction, etc. There's almost everything in there now that I think about it. So, feel free to look, pretty please! Check it out here.

I was coming up with my own meme to start, but I stupidly forgot to write down the idea for it and basically forgot what it was. So, alas, no meme from me.
Good news is I will be done with Chapter Thirteen (B) this weekend, will have read Shadowfall, and will have read half of Neuromancer by William Gibson for my lit class. Hopefully I'll get really far into Ninja too so I can review that on Friday of next week.
In any case, check out the post before this one as it deals with critique groups. I've also got in the works a post on stuff for writers--such as tools, software, etc. I'm not sure when I'll finish it as I keep finding new stuff.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment