The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Friday, September 08, 2006

The World in the Satin Bag

Well I changed the name to the blog because Parvulus Mens Mentis Mundus, while fascinating, doesn't quite fit into the scheme of what I'm doing here. That and I had a stroke of creative genius at work Wednesday about the name for this YA novel I'll be writing: The World in the Satin Bag. That's the name of this novel. Intriguing? Interesting? Does it spark your interest at all? It did for me. Cause right when I was thinking about what I needed to write in the first three chapters, this title came into my head. I think it's pure genius, but that's me.

How is the writing coming? Well, to put it frankly, very well. I am hoping to finish the very rough first draft of the first chapter this weekend. Then next weekend I will edit and hopefully put it up, but that all depends on a few factors:
a) I am satisfied with the edit.
b) I haven't blown my brain trying to edit.
c) Something terrible wrong doesn't happen in my life.
and d) I don't screw something up during editing and make the story all weird.
But, if all goes well it will be up next weekend, probably on Sunday. Sunday is also the day I update my webcomic which you can view here! It's sort of different but I like it. Really I only do it for myself and my friends, but I have a couple of other fans out there someplace. I don't know where, but I get hits on that page, so obviously someone other than my friends reads my comic :P.
Note: My webcomic is in no way an indicator of what my fiction writing is like, so don't be misconstrued about that.

I think the first chapter is only going to be a few pages or so. Right now I have about three printed pages written. A printed page is not a type page on your typical word processor, it's actually, on average, double the lenght of a typical word processor page. Meaning, you double space something on Word and one double spaced page is roughly the size of a printed page depending entirely on what a publisher prints: font size, page size, etc. But typically your average paperback novel page is the same as a double spaced page in Word.
Anyway, so I expect the first chapter will be only six or seven pages simply because it's the attention grabber and I want to get right to the end of it quick so you'll be going "holy crap, what happened". I sort of already have an idea of what is going to happen in the next chapter, but hopefully I can weave that into an interesting chapter, which will likely be just as short. The third chapter is going to be the most interesting of the opening chapters I think though.

I love leaving people in suspense :P

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment