The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Writing Projects (a meme that you all have to do)

I thought for this post I'd get all of you out there involved on your blogs. The object of this meme is to give a brief explanation of all the writing projects you're currently involved in and then tag people to do the same. I'm tagging everybody with this post, just because I can. So I'm currently working on the following:
  • The Lies of Venicia: A science fiction novel that should be around 90,000 words when it's finished. I'm hoping to keep it closer to 80,000, but it's turning into a bit of an epic and I don't think I could clear up all the story lines in anything less than 90,000.
  • Marx Ignatia--Private Eye: That is a working title. This is a novella I'm currently writing because I hit a small snag in The Lies of Venicia. It's a cyberpunk story that is connected to another story I wrote, but only loosely.
  • Asher: Another working title. This story is related to the story above, but from an entirely different perspective and an entirely different story. It's in the editing phase and I think a bit of moving stuff around will strengthen the story. I'll be submitting it over the quarter break.
  • The Spellweaver of Dern (WISB Book Two): I'm not writing it yet, but I am thinking about it and getting prepped to start writing. I hope to be able to finish it in serialized form by October of 2008. I think I've come to the point where I don't think I'll be selling the WISB series, but giving it for free. This might make me a 'web scab', but I defend myself in saying that I'm only offering this series for free and don't intend to offer a lot of other stuff for free (except excerpts). This, hopefully will either put me in a position to complete the series as a trilogy, or end the series with this book. It depends on how it goes when I get to writing it (which will be in the same manner as I wrote the previous book).
  • Death By Poking: I'm a little irritated with this story at the moment. It's a short story I wrote for the Machine of Death Anthology some time ago. Its problem is that I've spent too much time world building and for a short story that isn't so good. I'm going to reduce the setup a little and hopefully won't ruin one of the sub plots.
  • Untitled Collaborative Project: My girlfriend, who is also an unpublished writer like me(who is in the process of editing her book, which I am irritated about because I really like the story as it is) thought it might be fun to do a collab project together. I think it's a neat idea (on a side note we both knew each other professionally before we became friends and then became a couple). I have no idea what it's going to be about. It's going to try to play on both of our strengths, so we are going for a scifantasy type story I think. I'm more of a scifi writer than a fantasy writer, although I enjoy both tremendously, and she is the opposite, but doesn't enjoy scifi all that much. This is a project I think we'll start over the break and just fiddle with here and there. I'm thinking of a novel for really young kids because it would be somewhat easier for both of us to write (something like a fantasy story for 8-12 year olds).
Alright, so what are you working on? You're all tagged!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:10 AM

    You're not allowed to use the N word on the net. Please edit it out. Seriously. :S

    But I can't wait to start on that. :)

    ReplyDelete